Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Life's Questions...

Do you ever wonder what God wants to do with your life? I can remember for years knowing that God wanted me to open a youth center. Even though I was a poor naive college student, I knew if I had a million dollars and a building, I could do it...and I knew God would provide it...even though I didn't know when, where or how. But He did. But now, I feel lost. I have no real direction or purpose. I'm teaching 9th grade English. Today we made board games based on the epic poem, The Odyssey. I has been fun, but my heart really isn't in the classroom. But where is it? I love my husband. I am so blessed by him. You have no idea. I love being married. He is so good to me. But trying to figure out God's will for your life is so much harder when there are two separate people involved. Two separate sets of feelings and emotions. Two separate visions and preferances. No worries, though. It is a fun adventure nonetheless (is that a word? one word? see...I'm supposed to be an English teacher!). "You never know what a day will bring." says Charles.

5 comments:

Leigh Anna said...

Just remember...there have been worse situations in the past...and somehow we all managed to get through them...and somehow you two will figure your lives out and look back and see how much you've grown, together. I love and miss Y-O-U.

K and S said...

I'm so glad you're being a good blog updater!!!! It makes it feel like everyone's not quite so spread out. We love you guys and are praying for you both!

ilse said...

I love sharing in your story - and letting you share in mine. Look for new updates soon - i'm trying not to jump ahead of myself.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

even though it is difficult at times.... two heads are better than one.... they say that for a reason!! I love my "second head" very much too, he's the best thing that ever happened to me....

also, I don't have a blog here (at blogspot) just a profile so I can comment on your blogs! I post the blogs at myspace....

ilse said...

so, I called you and your husband, but alas, no one is getting back to me - are you alive?!?